Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 21:14   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
My Creta completed 1 year today and I also got the 2nd Free Service done at Pavan Hyundai. The Engine Oil and Oil filter were replaced and the total expense came around ₹2700. I requested for Synthetic Oil but the SA mentioned that they only use Hyundai recommended BS6 grade Mineral Oil, the option for Synthetic oil was only available on BS4 models. Can anyone please confirm if this is true?
Is the oil change complimentary by Hyundai / Dealer. If not then it should be customers' choice whether to chose mineral or synthetic oil? Am I missing something?
Old 14th October 2021, 21:16   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Is the oil change complimentary by Hyundai / Dealer. If not then it should be customers' choice whether to chose mineral or synthetic oil? Am I missing something?
Service charge is free but cost of consumables have to be born by you. You can demand for synthetic oil and pay for it.
Old 15th October 2021, 05:16   #1188
BHPian

Folks I have booked a Hyundai Creta Diesel SX Executive variant and have been quoted 3 to 6 months waiting period.

I was told the regular SX variant is no longer in production. Is it true? Also the Executive variant does not come with any touchscreen system or even a music system for that matter. But they were confident that it could done at the dealership which will integrate the rear.camera as well. Is it even possible or just plain sales talk? Should I upgrade to SX variant if it still in production?

Please help!!
Old 15th October 2021, 10:25   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Folks I have booked a Hyundai Creta Diesel SX Executive variant and have been quoted 3 to 6 months waiting period.

I was told the regular SX variant is no longer in production. Is it true? Also the Executive variant does not come with any touchscreen system or even a music system for that matter. But they were confident that it could done at the dealership which will integrate the rear.camera as well. Is it even possible or just plain sales talk? Should I upgrade to SX variant if it still in production?

Please help!!
SX version is only available in Automatic. For manual, they have launched SX executive without ICE which according to my SA is to expedite the delivery since the entertainment unit along with Automatic has long wait list due to parts availability from China.

You can also refer to the brochure which shows SX is available only in Automatic.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 10:46   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
SX version is only available in Automatic. For manual, they have launched SX executive without ICE which according to my SA is to expedite the delivery since the entertainment unit along with Automatic has long wait list due to parts availability from China.

You can also refer to the brochure which shows SX is available only in Automatic.
Pretty much the same my SA mentioned. I was told they can fix Blaupunkt aftermarket set from dealership. They said it would cost between 25k and 30k with reverse camera integrated. Is it worth?
Old 15th October 2021, 10:51   #1191
BHPian

Quote:

Please help!!
The SX manual is very much in production.
I got mine delivered in the second week of September.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 14:14   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
I was told the regular SX variant is no longer in production. Is it true?
Even though I have cancelled my Creta booking, here's something interesting I noticed.

I wanted a blue or lava orange Creta at the time of booking. The dealer said the color options were stopped. This was way back in July. Then I was checking out the click to buy option on Hyundai website and what do I see? Both colors were available. The website had it too. I called up HMIL customer support and they confirmed the 2 color options were still available. I messaged the SA who promptly got the Head of sales and someone from the Regional Sales office of HMIL to convince me that both options were stopped for sometime. I let it go.

After reading your post, I went and checked out Click to buy again. I still see Lava orange available (but curiously in Dual tone for non-turbo variant), the blue color option is not available. Also, the SX manual is seen as an option in the Click to buy webpage.

However, the newer brochure version shows only IVT for SX and SXO. SXO MT is available only for diesel. (The brochure version from July shows manual available for SX in both petrol and diesel variants.)

So yes, trust your SA (to an extent ) but verify with other sources and from Hyundai directly as well. For what it's worth, the dealer seems to have given you a sort of realistic timeline which I am hoping they will be able to keep!
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 20:55   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Even though I have cancelled my Creta booking, here's something interesting I noticed.

I wanted a blue or lava orange Creta at the time of booking. The dealer said the color options were stopped. This was way back in July. Then I was checking out the click to buy option on Hyundai website and what do I see? Both colors were available. The website had it too. I called up HMIL customer support and they confirmed the 2 color options were still available. I messaged the SA who promptly got the Head of sales and someone from the Regional Sales office of HMIL to convince me that both options were stopped for sometime. I let it go.

After reading your post, I went and checked out Click to buy again. I still see Lava orange available (but curiously in Dual tone for non-turbo variant), the blue color option is not available. Also, the SX manual is seen as an option in the Click to buy webpage.

However, the newer brochure version shows only IVT for SX and SXO. SXO MT is available only for diesel. (The brochure version from July shows manual available for SX in both petrol and diesel variants.)

So yes, trust your SA (to an extent ) but verify with other sources and from Hyundai directly as well. For what it's worth, the dealer seems to have given you a sort of realistic timeline which I am hoping they will be able to keep!
It could be frustrating that certain color or version is being discontinued but while waiting for my Creta, I found that both the news (blue color and SX manual being discontinued) eventually turned out to be true. It could be argued though that the dealer might have pulled the plug earlier than the official communication from Hyundai. Given the long waiting times, I guess it is better to be informed earlier when you could take an informed decision rather than months into waiting and being told about your choice not being offered anymore.

By the way, if you somehow find a certain color or version being still available, then do check the manufacturing date. I was offered a blue color in August when it was already discontinued. Upon probing more, it turned out to be May month model which did not have certain new features (related to voice commands and engine start/stop through app). They wanted to charge me revised price for an earlier model which I turned down politely.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th October 2021 at 20:57.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 23:19   #1194
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for seat covers for my Creta. Any reference for a reliable shop in East Bangalore (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indira Nagar, ORR etc) where I can buy and get them fitted the same day. Also, any recommendation for the variety/material I should go for- I'm looking for beige color to go with the car interior. It should be easy to maintain, comfortable during long drives and long lasting. How are OEM seat covers, should I consider them?
Old 16th October 2021, 08:30   #1195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for seat covers for my Creta. Any reference for a reliable shop in East Bangalore (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indira Nagar, ORR etc) where I can buy and get them fitted the same day. Also, any recommendation for the variety/material I should go for- I'm looking for beige color to go with the car interior. It should be easy to maintain, comfortable during long drives and long lasting. How are OEM seat covers, should I consider them?
If it's comfort that you are after, nothing beats fabric seats. Even though my car came with OEM leather seats and are pretty comfortable, I can definitely feel the difference in comfort when driving the Jetta which came with fabric seats.

Just a personal thought.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 08:58   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Though I have not tried, but would definitely suggest You try for Trends in HSR 27th main. They have got good reviews in this forum as well.

Sharing the link no to the that thread for your reference.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...ngalore-3.html (Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore))
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 15:13   #1197
BHPian

Quote:

Please help!!
Hi Arun,
I myself have booked an SX executive petroI. Waiting period is 8~10 months(even though supposably executive variant was launched to reduce waiting period). Dont know if i can wait that much, will decide early next year to continue waiting or not. Its true that SX is only available in automatic, SA confirmed this and Hyundai brochure also states the same.
Regarding infotainment system, dealership showed me a Nippon infotainment costing around 22k as an approved fitment. Other options are Blaupunkt and mega audio systems. I have seen many videos on youtube of all of them and will decide when the time comes. All are basically android based tabs. Yes, reversing camera display comes up in all of them .

Any Dealership here is not accepting booking for SX manual. And blue/orange colour.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 16:36   #1198
BHPian

Well looks like the waiting period is now officially 7-8 months for SX and SX(O) based on an email received from one of the dealership.
Worst possible time to buy a vehicle. There are no options for Creta with Seltos waiting period again running into months. Duster is out of production and Kicks again no information from Nissan.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:54   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Just a quick update. I have decided to cancel my booking for Creta SXO IVT...

I conveyed the decision to the Dealer and HMIL Customer care via email as well as the SA.
Interestingly, I received an email from Hyundai Sales Complaints (XCC1701 AT hmil.net) a full 4 days after I sent in my cancellation request via email and 10 days after my first exchange with HMIL customer support/Regional sales. It said they tried to call me but was not reachable and so wanted an alternate number. Wonder what they want.

Quote:
I will now have a chance to evaluate everything from an XL6, S-Cross, even City to Mg, Harrier & the mighty Innova.
I took test rides of the S-Cross Alpha AT and MG Sharp CVT in the past 2 days. Surprisingly, I found the S-Cross a better ride than the MG. Maybe I will detail that in a different section of the forum.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 18:24   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please help!!
Dealers in bangalore are giving the option of fixing aftermarket blaupunkt/pioneer system (Starts from Rs32000 to Rs50000) for the SX Executive.

Rear camera (additional accessory) can be integrated in that, at additional cost.

Adaptive steering guideline & deep integration with vehicle settings are very much doubtful though.

The SX Executive variant was not at all to my liking, due to these issues.

The earlier SX variant is stopped for now.
You may instead go for the SX(O).
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks